Friday, April 15, 2005

Drum tones, check.

I'm on my second pair of Hanes Her Ways and my second pair of socks. Same jeans and shirt as last night. Showered but didn't wash my hair.

It's now evening, and Team New Black has finally finished getting drum tones, by which I mean that Liam, Patti and I have gone shopping and made breakfast, Patti has watched two movies, I've taken an afternoon nap, and Greg and Nick have finished drum tones. Betcha didn't know they could take so long, did you? Yeah, neither did I. But apparently, drum tones are one of the most important aspects of a good album (or so Nick would have us all believe).

After a short break, we just sent the team back to the studio to get bass tones. In about a half-hour, Patti will head down to do guitar tones, and I'll be the last one in for keyboard sounds. In case I didn't make this clear, Pachyderm is two buildings: a guest house and the studio.

Update: Holy shit! Greg just paged us through some kind of phone intercom, and we are supposed to head down in 10 minutes. I kinda feel like a rockstar, if you want to know the truth.

This means that we can start tracking in about an hour. OK now, I'll talk to ya'll soon.

xox - rachel

Number of Take Fives New Black has consumed: 2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home